PE and SPORTS PREMIUM
At Winlaton West Lane Community Primary School, we believe that Physical Education and sport have a vital role to play in the physical and emotional health and well-being of our children and families.
Our aim is that through an embedded culture of sport and physical activity children will enjoy being active and that this will lead to life-long participation.
We are very proud that WWLCPS has been awarded the gold level of the ‘Blazing the Trail’ award and we are currently working towards gaining a School Games Mark award to highlight our commitment and development of competition across the school and into the community.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
Funding for 2018 to 2019
Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
How will we spend our allocation at West Lane?
- Employing specialist PE teachers or qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE, e.g. tennis and rugby coaches
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Procuring quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport
- Paying staff or external sports coaches to run competitions, e.g. West Gateshead football cluster competitions
- Quality assuring the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after-school sports clubs
- Buying into existing local sports networks, e.g. school sport partnerships or community coaching initiatives
- Providing places for pupils in after-school sport clubs
- Providing training for midday supervisors to introduce playground games at lunchtimes, e.g. Happy Lunchtimes training and Buddy training with the school sports coordinator
- Employing local coaches to provide weekly after-school sport on the school site and in the evenings.
- Buying and maintaining equipment