Our vision statement is the back drop for all we do in school, including our work with our pupils with additional learning needs. We provide a full range of educational and pastoral support to all our pupils. The information here is general; each child is an individual and will receive unique provision and resources where necessary.
There are a number of reasons why a child may be identified as having SEN:
- They are having significant difficulty with their learning and making far less progress than would be expected.
- They have a specific learning difficulty, for example dyslexia.
- They have emotional or mental health difficulties.
- They have difficulties with social communication and interaction.
- They have sensory and/or physical needs, for example visual impairment.
Outlined on the website are some of the things we do to support all of our children with additional needs as well as targeted types of support that we are able to provide in relation to specific areas of SEN. The information is general; each child is an individual and will receive unique provision and resources where necessary.
If you would like further information about the support that Winlaton West Lane Community Primary can offer, please contact our SEND Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 414 2557.