Ofsted says that we are officially a Good school! The inspectors came in May 2017, two years on from the previous inspection.
You can see the report here: Ofsted Report 2017 (PDF). We are all incredibly proud of the report, and feel that it speaks for itself, but here are some of the highlights:
- The senior team and governing body have worked successfully to eliminate underperformance; leaders are relentless in their pursuit of excellence.
- A large majority of parents responding to Ofsted’s online questionnaire say the school is well led and managed, and nearly all parents would recommend the school to another parent.
- Teaching is good and has improved since the last inspection; improvements in teaching means better progress throughout the school. As a result, achievement has improved since the previous inspection
- Pupils are self-motivated and have positive attitudes; their behaviour and well-being is good. Pupils themselves feel that their school is much better now.
- Leaders use the additional pupil premium funding well to secure pupils’ progress
- The PE and Sports Premium is used well to increase staff expertise in PE; the school has provided many additional opportunities to develop pupils’ sporting skills.
- Governance has been transformed since the last inspection.
- There is a strong commitment to teacher training and CPD.
- Good leadership and management in Early Years means children are well prepared for the transition into KS1, getting off to a good start and making good progress…